- 9/3/2017 – Naohisa Takato won gold medal in 60kg title of World Judo Championships in Budapest, Hungary
- 9/2/2017 – Princess Mako will marry Kei Komuro but losing the royal status due to her fiance is a commoner
- 8/24/2017 -Hiroshima/Nagasaki Peace Group visits U. N. at Geneva
- 11/22/2016 – 6.9 mag. earthquake(evacuation alert) hit Fukushima, Japan.
- 10/27/2016 – Prince Mikasa, uncle of Emperor Akihito, left us at the age of 100.
- 10/23/2016 – Mt. Aso, a volcano on Kyushu island, Japan erupted.
- 10/3/2016 – Yoshinori Ohsumi, cell biologist, won Nobel Prize in autophagy of medicine.
- 8/5 – 8/21/2016 – Japan result at Brazil Summer Olympics: Gold:12; Silver:8; Bronze:21
- 7/12/2016 – “Sukiyaki” lyricist – Rokusuke Ei has died at the age of 83.
- 6/9/2016 – Koshuke Morita, a professor scientist, discovered chemical atom 113 – “nihonium”
- 4/15/2016 – Big Earthquake in Magnitude 6.2 hit in Kumamoto, Japan.
- 4/1/2016 – The “Cherry Blossom” Festival in Hirosaki Park is held every year from the end of April to the beginning of May….(Very beautiful!)
- 2/6/2016 – A magnitude-6.4 earthquake hit Tainan, Taiwan (God bless them !)
- 2/5/2016 – Sakurajima volcano Erupts in Japan
- 2/3/2016 – JAPAN unveiled its 1st own stealth fighter plane – X2
- 11/30/2015 – Gegego no Kitaro(ゲゲゲの鬼太郎) Manga Artist – Shigeru Mizuki has passed away.
- 10/6/2015 – Takaaki Kajita has won the Nobel Prize in physics for working and showing that the subatomic(neutrinos) have mass.
- 8/24/2015 – The European Space Center is going to use the Japanese technology of the special electromagnetic waves to search the atmosphere atom of the signs of life in Ganymede (Jupiter’s moon) in 2020
- 7/13/2015 – The president of Nintendo Game System Satoru Iwata passed away at 55
- 6/26/2015 – Japanese Maglev train breaks the record of world speed with 600 km per hour
- 5/29/2015 – Volcano erupts on the southern island of Kuchinoerabujima, Japan.
- 5/3/2015 – The massive magnitude 7.8 earthquake in Nepal has killed over 7,000 and injured over 14,000 people. (God bless them !!!!!!!!)
- 2/28/2015 – Yutaka Katayama, Father of Nissan (Datsun) Z series of Sport Cars passed away at 105 in Japan.
- 12/10/2014 – The physicists, Nakamura, Akasaki, and Amano, who won the Nobel Prize were awarded in physics field for creating energy-efficient blue light-emitting diodes.
- 12/3/2014 – JAXA(Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency) have launched SMOOTHLY of “Hayabusa2” Asteroid Explorer into space from the Tanegashima Space Center, Japan.
- 11/22/2014 – 6.2 magnitude earthquake 16 km from Omachi, Nagano, Japan.
- 11/10/2014 – Hayao Miyazaki (宮崎駿) was honored to receive a “Oscar life time Achievement Award” ! <—- Spirited Away —>
- 10/1/2014 – The Hongkongese protest marks the BIGGEST demonstration in Hong Kong since it was handed back to China by the British in 1997.
- 9/29/2014 – Mt. Ontake, Japan’s second highest volcano, erupts on 9/27 injuring many people and found 31 dead bodies…..
- 9/12/2014 – Tokyo wins bid to host 2020 Olympics (’20 年夏季オリンピック)
- 8/20 /2014 – Deadly Landslides in Hiroshima, Japan
landslides happened in a residential area near a mountain in the Hiroshima city outskirts
- 8/ 15 / 2014 – Japanese sumo legend – Taiho
A ceremony to unveil a statue of the latest Japanese sumo legend Taiho was held in his birthplace – Poronaysk, Sakhalin, Russia. This smart move achieved through a big joint effort of friendship by the Russian and Japanese people.
- 5/29/2014 – Hatsune Miku EXPO 2014 in Indonesia
Anime Expo was held in Jakarta Convention Center, Jakarta, Indonesia in May, 2014.
- 5/26/2014 – Two members of AKB48 were hospitalizedBeing attacked at the band’s booth meet-the-fans events. Rina Kawaei, Anna Iriyama, both broke bones……caused by a man. 😦
Posted in Culture, News and politics, Science
Tagged "Cherry Blossom" Festival in Hirosaki Park, "Hayabusa2" Asteroid Explorer, 6.2 magnitude earthquake 16 km from Omachi, Akasaki, Akb48 had been attacked by a man, Akb48 News, and Amano, Animation Expo, chemical atom 113 - "nihonium", Deadly Landslides in Hiroshima, earthquake in Nepal, erupts, Father of Nissan (Datsun) Z series of Sport Cars passed away at 105 in Japan., Hayao Miyazaki, Hong Kong News, Hongkongese, Hongkongese protest, Indonesia, J. Breaking News, Jakarta Convention Center, Japan, Japan Breaking News, Japan News, Japan's second highest volcano, Japanese Maglev train breaks the record of world speed with 600 km per hour, Japanese Science, Japanese sumo legend - Taiho, Mt. Ontake, Nagano, Nakamura, ozeki kisenosato, Science, stealth fighter plane - X2, sumo, The massive magnitude 7.8 earthquake in Nepal, Tokyo wins bid to host 2020 Olympics ('20 年夏季オリンピック), Volcano erupts on the island of Kuchinoerabujima, who won the Nobel Prize were awarded in physics, 宮崎駿
お化け妖怪Oboke yokai Village – Towns inhabited by yokai – ghosts. These places include Yokai Street in Tokushima, Taishogun in Kyoto, and Sakaiminato in Tottori, have developed a yokai culture. Since ghosts inhabit the oboke yokai village, the population of village has been decreased rapidly these days. People believe that it is a birthplace of the yokai legend – konakijiji, which is the reason causes many people left ….. Also, Mizuki Shigeru road is a street with interesting statues of yokai in Sakaiminato where is the birthplace of Shigeru Mizuki, who is the creator of famous manga – Gegege No Kitaro. In addition, there are many cute yokai characters appear at Taishogun, Kyoto. Many yokai characters are displayed in various “yokai ghost” events every year…..
Posted in Culture
Tagged and Sakaiminato in Tottori, お化け, Gegege No Kitaro, J. Culture - Haunted Village: Obokeyokai, Japanese Ghosts, many cute yokai characters, Oboke Yokaiお化け妖怪, Shigeru Mizuki, Taishogun in Kyoto, Towns inhabited by yokai - ghosts., Yōkai Street in the Tokushima, 妖怪
Naotoraおんな城主 直虎 – The Ii Naomori’s daughter has tried to govern the Totomi region of the country. Since there are no men left in li family successors, Naomitsu wants his son (Naochika) to marry her for inherit of the clan. But, Naomitsu then turn back to decide to be a rebel to Imagawa that ended up to get killed himself. This result leads to Naochika, his son, was so young who is protected by priest, Nankei. After he grows up and returns town for a rebellion. Then, he is killed by Imagawa Ujizane. With all kind of obstacles, Naotora Ii (Jiro, Kou Shibasaki), has to become a real female lord of the clan. Then, she faces hard battles alongside Tokugawa clan, but many helps her to keep moving things forward.
KōkaShiga甲賀市 – It is a small town where is located in Shiga Prefecture, Japan. Kōka Shiga is a well known for the history of ninja. There are many places one can visit, like, ninja theme park, museum, mansion, shu-ri-ken hall and Shinobi-jinja shrine. It has the Fujibayashi ninja house where is fully equipped with tons of ninja secret passages, traps and weapons. These things allow ninja for escape easily from the enemy and avoid any intruder get in and out of the house. It also has wall climbing course and an obstacle course in which one can try to do it. Of course, it is FUN 🙂 ………………. but, not free.
Beauty is everything girls want to do, like sweetheart shaped ponytail hairstyles. The hairstyle trend has been sweeping across many social media. Many Japanese girls these days have tried out the Kawaii heart-shaped hair style for a day or night out, like, meeting a boyfriend at a fancy restaurant. The style might seem like a lot of work for an adorable look to deal with, but compliments are sure to be a great cute look. Here is the direction…….1. Separate the top half of hair into 2 parts to create the half updo. 2. Braid multi-strand braids with elastics. 3. Roll the braid around the braid 4. Secure with pins and redo the other side of hair 5. Pull together the two ends of the braid with elastics. 6. Remove the elastics after seeing the heart shaped ponytail . 7. Curl your hair. You are done!
Greetings from Fukushima – Maire, German woman, joins the circus and travels to Japan for helping the people of 2011 nuclear disaster survivors. She brings the joy to people who are living in Fukushima shelters. After that, she meets Satomi, Fukushima’s last gensha, who wants to go back to the area of radioactive exclusion area. Marie decides to stay and help her life. One night, they need to confront and see the ghosts of their “respective pasts”………..Scary…………